Delicious Anzac Biscuit with a twist
- 125g butter, chopped
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 1 cup self-raising flour - (gluten free SR flour can be substituted)
- 1 cup rolled oats or quinoa flakes
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup flaked almonds
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 100g ginger bites, chopped
- 125g dried apricots, diced
- 80g macadamia nuts, chopped
Step 1 Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
Step 2 Place butter and golden syrup in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes, or until melted.
Step 3 Combine flour, quinoa flakes, coconut, almonds, ginger bites, dried apricots, macadamia nuts and sugar in a large bowl. Add butter mixture and hot water. Stir with a wooden spoon until combined. Set aside for 5 minutes.
Step 4 Roll level tablespoonfuls of mixture into balls. Place on trays, 4cm apart. Flatten slightly with a fork. Bake for 15 minutes, swapping trays halfway through cooking, or until golden. Stand on trays for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Serve.