Carrot & ginger smoothie
A 7-ingredient smoothie with carrot juice, ginger, turmeric, pineapple and banana! An anti-inflammatory, immune-boosting smoothie that's perfect for breakfast or a snack.
Author: Minimalist Baker (http://minimalistbaker.com/carrot-ginger-turmeric-smoothie/)
Recipe type: Beverage
Cuisine: Vegan, Breakfast
- 2 cups (~275 g) carrots
- 1 1/2 cups (360 ml) filtered water
- 1 large ripe banana, previously peeled, sliced and frozen (more for a sweeter smoothie)
- 1 cup (140 g) frozen or fresh pineapple
- 1/2 Tbsp fresh ginger (1 small knob, peeled)
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric (or sub cinnamon)
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) carrot juice
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice (~1/2 small lemon)
- 1 cup (240 ml) unsweetened almond milk
- Make carrot juice by adding carrots and filtered water to a high speed blender and blending on high until completely pureed and smooth. Add more water if it has trouble blending / scrape down sides as needed.
- Drape a large, thin dish towel over a mixing bowl and pour over the juice. Then lift up on the corners of the towel and begin twisting and squeezing the juice out until all of the liquid is extracted. Set aside pulp for smoothies, or baked goods (such as carrot muffins).
- Transfer carrot juice to a mason jar - will keep for several days, though best when fresh.
- To the blender add smoothie ingredients and blend on high until creamy and smooth. Add more carrot juice or almond milk if it has trouble blending. Scrape down sides as needed.
- Taste and adjust flavors as needed, adding more banana or pineapple for sweetness, lemon for acidity, ginger for bite, and turmeric for warmth.
- Divide between two glasses and serve. Best when fresh.
Serving size: 1/2 recipe Calories: 144 Fat: 2.3g Carbohydrates: 32g Sugar: 17.5gSodium: 112mg Fiber: 5g Protein: 2.4g